131006: Amstelveen Colts v The Dukes Colts
Photos by kevinscott.org on flickr
Match between Amstelveen ARC1 v The Dukes RC1. This game being the last in the first rounds of the Ereklasse (Premier) Division.
Result: Amstelveen 0 v 50 Dukes
Photos by kevinscott.org of flickr
Additional Photos by Henk de Best on the ARC Website.
The Dukes RC1 v Haagsche RC1. One of the games in the last day of league games in the premier division. And what a game to finish with. A tit-for-tat series of penalties with both teams having 9 point just 3 minuets before the final whistle. Then The Dukes score a try and also get the conversion 16-9. Then just about 30 seconds before the final whistle Den Haag goes over the line, 16-14. Unfortunately they were not able to get the conversion, so end result stayed at 16-14.
Photos by kevinscott.org on flickr.
The Amstelveen Men’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams, the Ladies team and the Colts team were all playing as home this Sunday. That’s what you call ‘wall to wall’ rugby starting from 11:30 till 16:00, or 5 full games making up this Amstelveen Super Sunday.
Not able to cover all 5 matches completely, but I did my best and stood between the two pitches with my camera clicking happily away when the action was close to hand.
First game up: Amstelveen ARC3 v The Dukes RC3
Result: Amstelveen 10 v 22 Dukes
Rugby photos from other Dutch photographers: 15 Oct 2011 – 21 Oct 2011. (Note)
- Hookers I v DIOK I : on mijnalbum
- RC The Hookers 1 vs LRC Diok : by Els Barnas on picasa
- Tilburg RCT v Obelix : on mijnalbum
- Haagsche hrc1 v dukes1 : by Lucien on picasa
- Haagsche hrc2 v waterland : by Lucien on picasa
- Spakenburg v Nieuwegein : on RC Spakenburg
Rugby photos from other Dutch photographers: 01 Oct 2011 – 07 Oct 2011. (Note)
- Pink Panthers – AAC : by Renk Knol on flickr
- Haagsche/WRCH v Oysters/Ducks/REL (Juniors) : by Karin Bloem on picasa
- Smugglers 1 v ARC 2 : on mijnalbum
- RC Bulldogs v RC Den Helder : by Inga Laan on pitchero
- Bassets v Amstelveen ARC : by Henk on YouTube
- Zwolle 1 – WildRovers : on mijnalbum
- Diok Benjamins : on picasa
- LRC Diok 1 vs RC Etten-Leur 1 : by Els Barnas on picasa
- Douwe Egberts players : on picasa
- Hookers I vs Dukes I : by Hans Krommenhoek on picasa
- HRC3 v Thor/Delft : by Lucien on picasa
- Bekaro v HRC4 : by Lucien on picasa
- Castricum RC3 v Spakenburg : by RTLNiels.nl on rugbyclubspakenburg.nl
- Rugby demonstratie ‘Tiel pakt uit’ : by Nadja Gomez on scrumboks.nl
- Scrumboks v RC Waterland : by Nadja Gomez on scrumboks.nl
- Vets v Gouda : on vets.nl
Tags: 2011, Amstelveen RC, Amsterdam AAC, Bassets RC, Bekaro RC, Bulldogs RC, Castricumse RC, Delftse Studenten RC, Den Helder, Diok RC, Ducks RC, Dukes RC, Etten-Leur RC, Gouda RFC, Haagsche RC, Hookers RC, Oysters RC, Pink Panthers, REL, Rugby, Scrumboks RC, Spakenburg RC, The Smugglers RC, Thor SRC, Vets RC, Waterland RC, Wild Rovers RC, Zwolle RC
A lot of fast and hard rugby was played Sunday 15th May during the final day of Dutch Sevens Championships. Up for grabs were the championships title for the Colts, Ladies and Mens teams.
The Colts was fought between Haagsche RC and the Dukes, with Den Haag having a convincing win of 26 – 7 over the Dukes.
The Ladies was a repeat battle from 2010, again it was Tilburg v Amsterdam AC. Amsterdam winning the title with a score of 38 against Tilburg’s 7. These two teams appear to be at a constant head-to-head as they also faced each other in the Dutch National Championship just last month.
OK when it came to the Mens final this was a Sevens match not to be missed. A nail biting match between Hilversum and Eemland, difficult to know which way the game was going to go, many high-speed runs which got the supporters going, and quite a few heavy clashes between the teams. The result at the end of time was a draw of 24-24. Extra time of 5 minuets each way was allocated but with sudden death, so the first team to score wins.
Four minutes into the first half of extra time, Hilversum breaks through a strong Emland defense and manages to score the winning try, End result: Hilversum 29 v 24 Eemland.
Set01: Eemland RC v Amsterdam AAC (H)
Set02: Amstelveen ARC v Pink Panthers (H)
Set03: To be Processed
Set17: To be processed
Set18: To be processed (Colts)
Set19: Tilburg RC v Amsterdam AAC (Dames)
Set20: Eemland RC v Hilversum RC (Heren)
Winning team photos:
Hilversum RC, Dutch Championship (Men) 2011, following their win against The Dukes at the National Rugby Center in Amsterdam.
Photos by kevinscott.org on flickr
Result: The Dukes 5 v 26 Hilversum
Photos from the Octopus Rugby Tournament 2010, Uden, Netherlands..
Photo’s by Kevin Scott.org on Flickr.